What about being the Italian wine geek at Thanksgiving dinner? Watch this video!
During SommCon 2018 in San Diego, I asked six Master Sommeliers and Masters of Wine which is the weirdest, most obscure Italian variety they have ever tasted… Some good advices for your wine shopping, dare to drink different!
For more inspiration read also my Thanksgiving wines suggestions article here.
Wines and grapes named:
- Nosiola – Trentino Alto Adige (Fontanasanta, Elisabetta Foradori)
- Zibibbo – Sicilia
- Valle D’Aosta Donnas Doc (Nebbiolo Picotendro)
- Valle d’Aosta Torrette Doc (Petite Rouge)
- Schiava – Trentino Alto Adige
- Pelaverga (Veneto), Freisa (Piemonte)
- Ruche’ (Piemonte), read more about Ruche’ here
- Dorona (Veneto), read more here, and watch this video about Venissa winery and resort